C.J. Spiller apologizes for tweet
The apology was posted Wednesday afternoon, shortly after Spiller used the term while exchanging tweets with close friend and former Clemson teammate, Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Ricky Sapp. The original tweet has been deleted.
In apologizing, Spiller wrote he was "truly sorry," and that it was out of character, before closing with "God Bless."
ProFootballTalk.com first reported about Spiller's tweet on its website.
Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold says the team "will reserve comment" until it speaks with Spiller on Thursday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 11 PREVIEW
TOM BRADY VS. PEYTON MANNING
HOT READ: VIKINGS' CIRCUS
THURS. NIGHT: Bears 16, Dolphins 0
MNF: Broncos at Chargers, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Buffalo Bills Quarter-Zip Dark Royal Micro Fleece