Redskins waive Joey Galloway
The Redskins signed wide receiver Terrence Austin from the practice squad to fill Galloway's roster spot. Austin was drafted by the Redskins in the seventh round (219th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
The 39-year-old Galloway struggled in his only season with the Redskins, tallying 173 yards on just 12 receptions. Galloway was a starter when the season began, slid to the No. 3 wideout after a few games, then was benched recently after a poorly run route led to an interception.
Galloway has totaled 701 receptions, 10,950 receiving yards and 77 receiving touchdowns over a 16-year career that has included stints with Seattle, Dallas, Tampa Bay, New England and Washington.
Washington (5-5) hosts Minnesota on Sunday.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 PREVIEW
HOT READ: RAVENS DT HALOTI NGATA
MNF: 49ers at Cardinals, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Youth Alternate Game Jersey Washington Redskins Robert Griffin Iii #10