James Harrison flagged for hit on QB
With 4:45 to go in the third quarter of Pittsburgh's 19-16 overtime win, Harrison came untouched up the middle of the line on a Pittsburgh blitz. The linebacker drove Fitzpatrick into the ground, and he was flagged for leading with his helmet.
Harrison stomped his foot on the ground following the play.
The penalty negated an incomplete pass on second-and-10. Three plays later, Fitzpatrick hit running back Fred Jackson for a 65-yard catch and run TD.
Harrison has been docked $80,000 for hits this season, and was called to the NFL office in New York recently regarding how rules designed to protect players from injury are being enforced.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night
- Mara: Expanded NFL playoffs likely out for '14
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
- Bills' Marrone had cancerous mole removed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Elite Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43