Vince Young faces thumb surgery
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vince Young is getting his right thumb repaired the Titans quarterback has announced on Twitter.
Young was placed on injured reserve last week, two days after tearing the flexor tendon in the thumb of his throwing hand. He tweeted Monday afternoon that he was about to have surgery and asked for prayers. He also thanked followers for love and support.
Asked about the surgery, Titans coach Jeff Fisher says his understanding is that Young was having the procedure. Fisher says the Titans were told the surgery was season-ending, so he assumes that means five-to-eight weeks of recovery. The thumb must be immobilized with the tendon reattached with pins.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 COVERAGE
- 5th & Ocean Women's Tennessee Titans Full-Zip Navy Fleece Hoodie