Vince Young faces thumb surgery
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vince Young is getting his right thumb repaired the Titans quarterback has announced on Twitter.
Young was placed on injured reserve last week, two days after tearing the flexor tendon in the thumb of his throwing hand. He tweeted Monday afternoon that he was about to have surgery and asked for prayers. He also thanked followers for love and support.
Asked about the surgery, Titans coach Jeff Fisher says his understanding is that Young was having the procedure. Fisher says the Titans were told the surgery was season-ending, so he assumes that means five-to-eight weeks of recovery. The thumb must be immobilized with the tendon reattached with pins.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 COVERAGE
- Forever Collectibles Men's Tenessee Titans Team Colored Contour Flip Flop