Lions' Jason Hanson goes on IR
Detroit signed cornerback Tye Hill on Thursday to take Hanson's spot on the roster. Hill was among the Tennessee Titans' final cuts this year. He started 24 games in four seasons for St. Louis and Atlanta.
The Lions drafted Hanson in 1992 and he became their all-time leading scorer with 1,890 career points. Hanson has made an NFL-record 44 field goals from at least 50 yards.
He also has lost 190 games in which he played, surpassing the league record set by ex-kicker Morten Andersen, who had 188 losses.
Hanson made 12 of 14 field goals in eight games this year, connecting on at least 80 percent for the 13th time.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor deemed 'good' after walk-through
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 13 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Santonio Holmes
MNF: Jets at Patriots, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Detroit Lions Reggie Bush #21