Pierre Thomas a game-time decision
METAIRIE, La. -- Saints coach Sean Payton says he'll decide on Sunday whether running back Pierre Thomas is ready to suit up at Cincinnati.
Thomas, who's missed eight games with a sprained left ankle, has been limited in practice all week and jogging with a limp at times. But Payton says the running back has moved around well while working with the offense as well as with the scout team and on kick returns as he tries to improve his conditioning.
Payton says he's "guarded" about Thomas' prospects for playing against the Bengals but still wants to see how last season's team-leading rusher is feeling on game day.
Reserve running back Ladell Betts, who has a neck injury, is the only player on the active roster who's been ruled out.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 13 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Santonio Holmes
MNF: Jets at Patriots, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- NFL Team Apparel Youth New Orleans Saints Line Breaker Performance Hoodie