Ronald Bartell could practice
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams cornerback Ronald Bartell could get limited work when the team returns to practice after he missed Sunday's loss at New Orleans with a stinger to his neck and left shoulder.
The team's top coverage cornerback has been working with trainers trying to get his strength back. Players got Monday and Tuesday off before resuming workouts on Wednesday.
Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Justin King, another cornerback with a similar injury, was making better progress.
Backup linebacker David Nixon fractured a hand on special teams, but Spagnuolo said he might be able to play wearing a cast this week against the Chiefs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 14 COVERAGE
- Great American Products St. Louis Rams 2-Piece Logo Rocks Glass Set