Source: Troy Polamalu injury to Achilles
Polamalu is unlikely to be placed on injured reserve. He could be rested for the remainder of the regular season, unless the Steelers need to win one of their final games to wrap up the division title, the official said Saturday.
The Steelers (10-3) lead the Baltimore Ravens by one game in the AFC North.
Polamalu has been bothered with his ankle injury for weeks and was unable to practice this week.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 15 PREVIEW
MNF: Bears at Vikings, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Home Elite Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43