Mike Tolbert taken off on stretcher
Tolbert was being tested for a neck injury, but could move his arms and legs.
Chargers coach Norv Turner said following San Diego's 34-20 loss that Tolbert had a sprained neck and shoulder and should be fine.
Tolbert took a handoff, put his head down and ran into safety Reggie Nelson's chest in the first quarter Sunday. He lost the ball -- Cincinnati recovered the fumble -- and remained face-down on the field, motionless, when the play ended.
Doctors carefully rolled him over onto a backboard, strapped him down and wheeled him off the field. Tolbert raised his right forearm and gave a thumbs-up to the crowd cheering him.
Tolbert finished the day with four carries for minus-2 yards.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 16 COVERAGE
- The Highland Mint San Diego Chargers Framed Memories Photo Mint