Source: Bobby McCray to join Eagles
McCray, 29, has been training and running since he was released by the New Orleans Saints on Sept. 3 for the second time in three months. He was a member of the Saints' Super Bowl team last year in what was the second year of a five-year contract. He worked out for the Houston Texans in September, but was not signed.
McCray, 29, has 29½ sacks during his seven-year NFL career.
The Eagles also announced Thursday they signed defensive tackle Jeremy Clark to a three-year deal. Clark, 27, played for Arizona, Dallas and Washington this season, but was released by the Redskins Dec. 25.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Philadelphia Eagles Casserole Combo with Carrier