Jets fan still pushes 'Spygate' suit
PRINCETON, N.J. -- A New Jersey lawyer wants the nation's top court to review his lawsuit stemming from the New England Patriots' 2007 "Spygate" scandal.
Carl Mayer is a New York Jets season ticket-holder. He and two other lawyers filed the class-action lawsuit.
They announced Thursday that they had filed a petition asking the high court to review the case.
The lawsuit seeks millions of dollars from the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick, claiming they deceived customers by secretly videotaping Jets coaches' in-game signals. It claims fans spent large sums to see games that were essentially rigged.
A U.S. District Court judge and a federal appeals panel both dismissed the suit.
The NFL fined the Patriots and Belichick $750,000.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
MORE FROM ESPN NEW YORK
- Antigua Men's New York Jets Pique Xtra-Lite Black Polo