Charlie Whitehurst starts vs. Rams
Matt Hasselbeck, who was active as the backup, warmed up on the field for about 20 minutes approximately two hours before kickoff. He threw a number of passes downfield before jogging back to the locker room while Whitehurst remained on the field throwing.
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said all week they were planning for Whitehurst to start after Hasselbeck injured his hip last week at Tampa Bay.
Receiver Brandon Stokley (head) was the only injury-related inactive for Seattle. St. Louis had no players inactive who were listed on Friday's injury report.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SUPER BOWL XLV
Super Bowl Central | Super Bowl blog
SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS
WHAT'S REALLY AMERICA'S TEAM?
HOF: FAULK, DEION HEAD CLASS OF 2011
HOT READ: CHEESEHEADS/MCCARTHY
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch #24