Elvis Dumervil to stand trial in April
Judge Johnny Barajas set a trial in Denver County Court after Dumervil pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and disturbing the peace.
Dumervil led the league in sacks in 2009 but missed all of last season after tearing a chest muscle in training camp.
He has said he got into a minor altercation before the Broncos played the Oakland Raiders on Oct. 24 when the attendant didn't let him use the players' entrance because he wasn't carrying his proper credential.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Baltimore Ravens Elvis Dumervil #58