Mark Donovan promoted by Chiefs
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs have promoted Mark Donovan to team president. He and general manager Scott Pioli will share power and both report directly to owner and CEO Clark Hunt.
Donovan will be responsible for business aspects while Pioli is in charge of football operations. Pioli will also continue to negotiate player contracts.
Donovan joined the Chiefs in May 2009 as chief operating officer after working for the Philadelphia Eagles for six years. Before that, he was the NFL's senior director of sales and marketing.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- No winner in Rams' schedule-guessing game
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Kansas City Chiefs Pique Xtra-Lite Black Polo