Everson Griffen arrested in traffic stop
Police spokeswoman Karen Rayner told City News Service that officers used a Taser to subdue Griffen during a struggle Monday afternoon after a routine traffic stop in South Los Angeles.
Rayner said Griffen became "uncooperative and tried to run from officers." She said when officers caught up with him, he assaulted one and a Taser was used to take him into custody.
She said he was booked for investigation of felony battery.
Griffen played for USC from 2007 to '09. He entered the NFL draft as a junior, was selected by Minnesota in the fourth round and played sparingly this season as a rookie.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Brady has cold, says 'not worried about it'
- Colts, CFL WR Carter near deal, source says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Minnesota Vikings Everyday Rally Funnel Purple Pullover