Steve Sabol stable after seizure
NFL Films President Steve Sabol is recovering from a seizure in Kansas City, Mo., where he was to accept an award on behalf of his company.
The 68-year-old Sabol was stricken Saturday night and taken to a hospital. He underwent tests over the weekend and was alert Monday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Tuesday.
Steve's father, Ed, is the founder of NFL Films and was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame last month. Steve Sabol began working for his father in 1964. He has won Emmy Awards for writing, cinematography, editing, directing and producing.
"We hope Steve Sabol is doing much better. Our prayers are with him," Indianapolis Colts center Jeff Saturday said from Washington before heading into labor negotiations between the NFL and the players' union.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI