Brad Nessler, Mike Mayock paired
LOS ANGELES -- Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock will serve as the new announcing team for NFL Network's Thursday night games.
The network said Thursday they would be replacing Bob Papa, Matt Millen and Joe Theismann.
Mayock played for the New York Giants from 1982-83. He will remain as the network's top NFL draft analyst. He also works Notre Dame games for NBC.
Nessler will keep calling college football and basketball games on ESPN and ABC.
NFL Network broadcasts eight prime-time games during the season.
Papa and Theismann will remain with NFL Network in other roles.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- FANMATS New York Giants 2-Piece Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mat Set