Ex-Eagles lineman Gene Gossage dies
PHILADELPHIA -- Former NFL lineman Gene Gossage, a member of the Philadelphia Eagles 1960 NFL championship team, has died. He was 76.
Gossage died Sunday in Old Saybrook, Conn., the team said Thursday.
He played 40 games with the Eagles from 1960-62. He was a two-time, All-Big Ten Conference selection while playing at Northwestern. He was drafted in the 28th round by the Eagles in 1958.
Gossage is survived by his wife, Jaqueline, a son, Gene Gossage, a daughter, Jennifer Carr, and a grandson, Hudson Carr.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- He's serious: Trump wants to purchase Bills
- Ex-Titans running back Johnson visits Jets
- Source: Flynn returning to Pack on new deal
- Report: McClain struggles in Ravens workout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- The Highland Mint Philadelphia Eagles Framed Memories Photo Mint