Bills promote executive Doug Whaley
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have promoted Doug Whaley to director of player personnel as part of a front-office restructuring that began following last weekend's NFL draft.
The Bills assistant general manager will now oversee both college and pro personnel departments, in a move announced by general manager Buddy Nix on Friday.
Whaley is in his second year with Buffalo, and previously headed the team's pro personnel department.
Whaley will report directly to Nix, and assumes the duties previously held by chief scout Tom Modrak, who was fired Wednesday.
Whaley has 15 years of NFL experience, and previously worked for the Steelers and Seahawks.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Pack's Nelson wants $10M per year
- Vikings coach Priefer apologizes for remark
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Buffalo Bills Team Logo Framed Photo