Report: Troy Polamalu's foot improving
Polamalu was injured during an interception return for touchdown in a win over the Cincinnati Bengals Dec. 12. The Post-Gazette reported Polamalu suffered a slight tear of his Achillies tendon.
The Steelers' standout will not need surgery and should be fully healed in time for the start of training camp. Polamalu has been receiving treatment in Los Angeles.
The eight-year veteran finished with 63 tackles and seven interceptions in 14 games last season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs' Smith (spleen) out against Chargers
- Lynch fined $11K by NFL for obscene move
- Saints' Ryan: Defense 'drank the Kool-Aid'
- Shaw gets start for Browns; Hoyer likely out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Matt Williamson retweeted
- vaughn mcclure retweeted