Packers to receive rings June 16
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Lockout or not, the Green Bay Packers will receive their Super Bowl rings in a June 16 ceremony at Lambeau Field.
Although contact between players and team officials generally is prohibited during the league's ongoing work stoppage, the team says the NFL granted a special exemption allowing it to hold the ceremony.
In a statement posted on the Packers' website, president and CEO Mark Murphy says the team is excited to "celebrate all the hard work that went into the championship."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Source: Pats talking with banned CB Browner
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Green Bay Packers Clay Matthews #52