Perrish Cox case details still sealed
District Court Judge Paul King granted a request Wednesday from Cox's lawyer to delay release to give him time to appeal to the state Supreme Court.
Cox is accused of two counts of sexual assault stemming from a Sept. 6 incident. Cox has pleaded not guilty.
Such affidavits are often available to the public, but in January the judge ordered that it be kept secret, saying it could expose Cox and the alleged victim to abuse.
The Associated Press and The Denver Post asked the judge to reconsider and he granted the request last week. He said the alleged victim's name and other personal information must be redacted before it is released.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Great American Products Denver Broncos 2-Piece GameBall Coffee Mug Set