Cards' Warner returns in 2nd half
NEW ORLEANS -- Kurt Warner returned in the second half of Arizona's divisional playoff game against New Orleans after leaving in the second quarter due to a hard hit on an interception return.
The 38-year-old quarterback stayed on the ground for a while before walking off under his own power. Backup Matt Leinart came in for the next drive, after the Saints had scored a touchdown to take a 35-14 lead.
Warner missed a game with a concussion earlier this season, and there's been widespread speculation he is about to retire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NFL PLAYOFFS: ROAD TO MIAMI
Colts 30, Jets 17
Saints 31, Vikings 28 (OT)
Vikings 34, Cowboys 3
Jets 17, Chargers 14
Saints 45, Cardinals 14
Colts 20, Ravens 3
Jets 24, Bengals 14
Cowboys 34, Eagles 14
Ravens 33, Patriots 14
Cardinals 51, Packers 45 OT
- FANMATS Arizona Cardinals 2-Piece Printed Carpet Car Mat Set