Arizona gets another blackout deadline extension
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The NFL has granted a second, final 24-hour extension of its television blackout deadline for the Arizona Cardinals' wild card playoff game against Atlanta on Saturday.
The team has until 2:30 p.m. on Friday to sell its remaining tickets. A sellout crowd is necessary for the NFL to lift its blackout of the home television market.
The NFL had already extended the deadline 24 hours to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday. In a news release, the team said 3,700 tickets remained.
"Based on the activity we've seen the last couple of days and particularly in the last 24 hours, we're very optimistic that this extension will get us where we need to be," said Ron Minegar, the Cardinals executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Pats victim of late-night fire alarms
- Super Bowl prop bettors favor safeties, OT
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson #21