Chargers list Tomlinson as doubtful
Tomlinson himself said he was doubtful two days earlier, and there's a growing expectation that the 2006 NFL MVP won't play due to a detached tendon in his groin.
"I'm going to hold out hope, but I don't know if that's realistic," coach Norv Turner said.
Tomlinson played just over a quarter in Saturday night's 23-17 overtime win against the Indianapolis Colts before the injury forced him to the sideline after he scored on a 3-yard run.
Turner said there was no need to rule Tomlinson out before Sunday.
A preview of the AFC Divisional Playoff matchup between the Chargers and the Steelers.
Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates (ankle) is listed as questionable and kicker Nate Kaeding (groin, ankle) is probable. Tomlinson and Gates missed practice all week. Kaeding missed practice Thursday and Friday after spraining his ankle in practice on Wednesday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey San Diego Chargers Antonio Gates #85