Report: Big Ben injury serious
Roethlisberger suffered a spinal cord concussion, and he called it "scary" when he could not feel team doctors sticking a pin into his arm on the field.
The quarterback was tackled by two Browns defenders and appeared to hit his head on the turf. His face mask was removed, he was placed on a spinal board and carted off the field. At Pittsburgh's Presbyterian Hospital, he quickly regained feeling in his arms and was later released. The newspaper reported that he never lost feeling in his legs.
He returned to the field for a playoff game on Sunday and passed for 181 yards and a touchdown, without an interception, in the Steelers' 35-24 win over the San Diego Chargers.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
- Redskins: RG III still starter entering 2014
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Pittsburgh Steelers Pro Combat Hyperwarm Dri-FIT Performance Long Sleeve Shirt