Report: Big Ben injury serious
Roethlisberger suffered a spinal cord concussion, and he called it "scary" when he could not feel team doctors sticking a pin into his arm on the field.
The quarterback was tackled by two Browns defenders and appeared to hit his head on the turf. His face mask was removed, he was placed on a spinal board and carted off the field. At Pittsburgh's Presbyterian Hospital, he quickly regained feeling in his arms and was later released. The newspaper reported that he never lost feeling in his legs.
He returned to the field for a playoff game on Sunday and passed for 181 yards and a touchdown, without an interception, in the Steelers' 35-24 win over the San Diego Chargers.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ben Roethlisberger Jersey - Alternate Game Pittsburgh Steelers