Record 98.7 million tune in to SB XLIII
NEW YORK -- Upon further review, Nielsen Media Research now says that the Arizona-Pittsburgh Super Bowl game was the most-watched in history.
The Steelers defeat the Cardinals 27-23 in one of the most memorable Super Bowls ever.
On Monday, Nielsen had reported that this year's game had 95.4 million viewers -- impressive, but not a record-setter.
Nielsen explained the discrepancy of more than 3 million viewers by saying a more complete check of their records revealed additional viewership on some digital tier networks. The company hadn't been aware that they were showing the game.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Arizona Cardinals Red Touchdown Classic 39Thirty Flex Hat