10:15 PM ET, September 11, 2006
|It was over when ...|
• LaDainian Tomlinson laced up his cleats. He trampled the Raiders for 131 yards on 31 carries.
• Shawne Merriman settled into his stance. He sacked Oakland's QBs three times.
• Aaron Brooks lined up under center. The Raiders offense never found a rhythm, as three of Brooks' first 4 passes fell incomplete. He finished 6-of-14 for 68 yards.
• Shawn Legler had to punt nine times as the Raiders offense continued to stall.
• San Diego met Oakland. The Chargers beat the Raiders for the sixth straight time.
|Game ball goes to ...|
|LaDainian Tomlinson. LT topped 100 yards rushing in the second quarter as the Chargers ran the ball on 48 of 59 plays, taking the pressure off Phillip Rivers in his first NFL start.|
|-- All games have been at home|
at home vs. Chargers
|* -- 5-game home losing streak is longest in team history to Chargers|
The Chargers shut out the Raiders 27-0 in the second game of a Monday Night Football doubleheader. It was only the second time that the Raiders were kept scoreless in a home game. The other time was on Oct. 4, 1981, when the Broncos won in Oakland 17-0. That was the middle game of a three-game streak in which the Raiders did not score a single point -- they were also shut out in Detroit and Kansas City.
• For more Elias Says, click here
Schottenheimer improved to 26-7 in his career against the Raiders. His 187 career wins are one more than Chuck Knox for seventh all-time. ... San Diego DL Igor Olshansky left in the first quarter with a sprained right knee. ... Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger was on hand for the game between California rivals.
Copyright by STATS LLC and The Associated Press
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.1||2.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-4||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||4:02||Nate Kaeding 39 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 11 plays, 51 yds, 6:22
|TD||15:00||LaDainian Tomlinson, 1 yd run|
Drive info: 5 plays, 66 yds, 2:27
|FG||5:40||Nate Kaeding 21 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 12 plays, 64 yds, 6:52
|TD||10:01||Antonio Gates, 4 yd pass from Philip Rivers|
Drive info: 8 plays, 58 yds, 4:48
|TD||4:41||Michael Turner, -15 yd run|
Drive info: 3 plays, 9 yds, 1:24