1:00 PM ET, October 12, 2008
FedEx Field, Landover, MD
LANDOVER, Md. -- The St. Louis Rams seemed almost determined to sink to 0-5.
• Of the 19 points the Rams scored, 13 were by the special teams unit and six were by the defense.
• The Redskins fumbled three times after coming into the season with no turnovers on offense.
• By holding the Redskins to 17 points, the Rams end a streak of seven straight games of allowing 30 or more points to their opponent, dating back to last season.
-- ESPN research
In a nine-minute stretch on Sunday, a host of NFL teams put together some dramatic plays. Not all ended in victory.
• Kyle Orton's 17-yd TD pass to Rashied Davis gives the Bears a 20-19 lead over the Falcons with 11 seconds left at 4:00:12 ET.
• Ryan Longwell's 26-yd FG gives the Vikings a 12-10 lead over the Lions with 12 seconds left at 4:03:01 ET.
• Matt Schaub's 3-yd TD run gives the Texans a 29-28 lead over the Dolphins with three seconds left at 4:04:08 ET.
• Josh Brown's 49-yd FG gives the Rams a 19-17 win with no time left at 4:08:24 ET.
• Jason Elam's 48-yd FG gives the Falcons a 22-20 win over the Bears with no time left at 4:09:01 ET.
-- ESPN research
Rams CB Ricky Manning Jr. broke a bone in his ankle, leaving the team with three cornerbacks for the second half. RB Brian Leonard (shoulder) and LT Orlando Pace (pulled quad) were also hurt. ... Redskins injuries: RB Ladell Betts (sprained knee), LT Chris Samuels (sprained knee), S Chris Horton (sprained ankle) and WR James Thrash (sprained knee). ... Redskins P Durant Brooks struggled again. His 26-yard punt in the third quarter set up Brown's third field goal. "We have to improve our punting or we're going to be in trouble every game," Zorn said.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||3.7||6.0|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-2||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||10:50||Clinton Portis, 3 yd run (Shaun Suisham kick is good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 3 yds, 0:00
|FG||4:06||Josh Brown 51 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 9 plays, 29 yds, 4:27
|TD||0:26||Oshiomogho Atogwe, 75 yd fumble return (Josh Brown kick is good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 42 yds, 1:53
|FG||8:25||Josh Brown 25 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 12 plays, 51 yds, 6:39
|FG||0:29||Josh Brown 44 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 4 plays, 7 yds, 2:10
|FG||10:43||Shaun Suisham 38 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 9 plays, 59 yds, 4:46
|TD||3:53||Clinton Portis, 2 yd run (Shaun Suisham kick is good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 73 yds, 4:31
|FG||0:02||Josh Brown 49 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 9 plays, 45 yds, 3:47