1:00 PM ET, October 19, 2008
Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY
• Trent Edwards returned from a concussion by completing 25 of 30 passes for 261 yards and a touchdown.
• The Bills improved to 14-6 all-time after a bye week and 3-0 under head coach Dick Jauron.
• The Bills held the Chargers to 263 yards and improved to 12-2 under Jauron when holding opponents to 300 yards or fewer.
• LaDainian Tomlinson is held to 41 yards rushing. He has been held to fewer than 50 yards rushing three times this season and held to fewer than 100 yards for the sixth time in seven games this season.
• Buffalo is 5-1 for the first time since 1995 (finished 10-6 that season). At 3-4, the Chargers are one loss away from tying last year's total.
-- ESPN research
Team Stat Comparison
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.5||6.0|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|FG||06:46||Rian Lindell 38 Yd||0||3|
|TD||00:21||Malcom Floyd 14 Yd Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick)||7||3|
|TD||05:20||Lee Evans 2 Yd Pass From Trent Edwards (Rian Lindell Kick)||7||10|
|FG||00:16||Rian Lindell 27 Yd||7||13|
|TD||06:28||Vincent Jackson 12 Yd Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick)||14||13|
|TD||00:33||Marshawn Lynch 9 Yd Run (Rian Lindell Kick)||14||20|
|FG||03:17||Rian Lindell 44 Yd||14||23|