1:00 PM ET, October 19, 2008
Edward Jones Dome, Saint Louis, MO
Johnson throws three INTs as Rams roll Cowboys; Ware ties NFL sack mark
ST. LOUIS -- Even on the road, the chorus of "Romo!, Romo!" from Dallas Cowboys' fans was easily audible at the start of the second half.
Little D In Big D
Talk about a defensive letdown. In Sunday's loss to St. Louis, Dallas allowed nearly 100 more rushing yards than its season average and as many TDs on the ground as it had through the first six games of the season combined.
|First 6 Games||Sunday|
|Rush yds PG||87.5||108|
|Yds per rush||3.7||5.1|
• The Rams improved to 2-0 in the Jim Haslett era as they beat winning teams in consecutive games for the first time since 2004. It's only their second win streak of at least two games over the last two seasons.
• Steven Jackson rushed for 160 yards and three TDs, his second career game with at least that many TDs.
• Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware tied an NFL record with a sack in his 10th straight game and enjoyed his first multiple sack game of the season with three, giving him nine on the season.
• The Cowboys have lost two straight for the first time since the end of the 2006 season and are 1-3 in their last four games following a 3-0 start.
• The Rams' points are a season high, in fact, they had not scored more than 19 points this season.
-- ESPN research
X-rays were negative on Rams DT Adam Carriker's left ankle, which forced him out in the first half. ... Rams WR Derek Stanley (concussion) was hospitalized for observation after being involved in a special teams collision early in the third quarter. The team had called for a cart but Stanley ended up walking off the field. ... Atogwe has 10 interceptions in his past 14 games.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.8||5.5|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-1||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||9:47||Marion Barber, 1 yd run (Nick Folk kick is good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 74 yds, 5:18
|TD||7:59||Donnie Avery, 42 yd pass from Marc Bulger (Josh Brown kick is good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 62 yds, 1:51
|TD||4:41||Steven Jackson, 8 yd run (Josh Brown kick is good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 44 yds, 1:58
|TD||2:00||Steven Jackson, 1 yd run (Josh Brown kick is good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 17 yds, 1:51
|FG||1:52||Josh Brown 52 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 11 plays, 46 yds, 5:52
|TD||9:03||Steven Jackson, 56 yd run (Josh Brown kick is good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 63 yds, 0:38
|FG||10:37||Josh Brown 35 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 12 plays, 48 yds, 6:41
|TD||2:00||Martellus Bennett, 34 yd pass from Brad Johnson (Nick Folk kick is good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 90 yds, 2:43