1:00 PM ET, December 7, 2008
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA
• For the first time since a 21-19 win over the Jets in Week 12 of the 2005 season, the Saints won a game in which they trailed after three quarters (17 straight regular-season games).
• NFC South teams are a collective 23-2 at home this season.
• Pierre Thomas rushed for 102 yards -- the first 100-yard rushing game by a Saint this season.
• Falcons rookie Matt Ryan passed for a season-high 315 yards.
• Drew Brees has 4,100 passing yards through 13 games, 230 more than Dan Marino had through 13 games in 1984 when he set the single-season passing yards record with 5,084.
-- ESPN research
Saints CB Randall Gay left in the first quarter with a concussion. ... Kickoff returner Courtney Roby left with a right ankle injury in the third quarter. ... Thomas took kickoff returns in the fourth quarter, but credited blockers on his long return, adding, "If Roby was in there it would have been a touchdown. I'm a little too slow." ... Hartley has made all 11 field goal attempts since joining the Saints five games ago. ... NFC South teams are 23-2 overall at home and 9-0 in home divisional games. The Saints are 6-1 at home, including their victory over San Diego in London as the designated home team ... The Falcons have yet to win a game (0-4) in which they failed to score first.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.6||6.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-4||3-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||8:34||Reggie Bush 5 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 52 yds, 1:27
|FG||12:09||Garrett Hartley 26 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 63 yds, 4:32
|TD||10:00||Michael Turner 5 Yard Run (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 74 yds, 2:10
|FG||6:15||Garrett Hartley 46 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 49 yds, 3:45
|TD||2:13||Brian Finneran 2 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 77 yds, 3:57
|FG||0:03||Garrett Hartley 25 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 11 plays, 73 yds, 2:13
|FG||3:09||Jason Elam 23 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 15 plays, 69 yds, 9:15
|TD||13:03||Pierre Thomas 7 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Reggie Bush Run For Two-Point Conversion is No Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 87 yds, 5:11
|TD||8:00||Matt Ryan 12 Yard Run (Matt Ryan Pass to Michael Jenkins For Two-Point Conversion is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 73 yds, 5:04
|TD||5:54||Pierre Thomas 5 Yard Run (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 16 yds, 2:04