1:00 PM ET, September 13, 2009
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
Favre throws 6-yard TD pass, Peterson rushes for 3 TDs in Vikings win
CLEVELAND -- After rolling into the end zone with his first NFL touchdown, Vikings rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin had to absorb an unexpected hit.Brett Favre flattened him.
More From ESPN.com
Brett Favre did what all Vikings QBs must do: hand the ball to Adrian Peterson early and often, writes Gene Wojciechowski. Story
Favre's downfield weakness
QB Brett Favre didn't have a spectacular performance in his first victory with the Vikings, as he threw only four passes of six yards or more. Favre's weakness last season was throwing downfield, and he did little Sunday to show he's capable of success.
|Dist. thrown||5 or less||6 or more|
• Adrian Peterson rushed for 180 yards and three touchdowns, the third straight season he's surpassed the century mark in Week 1. The 180 yards are a Week 1 franchise record.
• Peterson's three touchdowns matched his single-game high and was his 17th career 100-yard rushing game.
• Brett Favre finished his 270th consecutive start by completing 14-of-21 passes for 110 yards and one touchdown pass. The 110 yards are the fewest Favre has thrown for in Week 1 in his career.
• The Browns are 1-10 in Week 1 openers since returning to the NFL in 1999.
• In his fourth start, Brady Quinn completed 21-of-35 passes for 205 yards with a touchdown, an interception and was sacked five times.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Cribbs' seventh career TD punt return tied Eric Metcalf for the most in club history. ... Minnesota improved to 10-3 against Cleveland. ... The Browns have opened every season since '99 at home. Their only win came in 2004 against Baltimore. ... The Vikings tried an onside kick to start the game that was recovered by the Browns. ... Cleveland rookie running back James Davis, who was slightly injured in a one-car accident on Saturday, sustained a shoulder injury in the second half.
CLEVELAND - SEPTEMBER 13: Brett Farve #4 of the Minnesota Vikings throws a pass during pre-game warmups prior to...(Photo by Matt Sullivan/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.9||4.5|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-5||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||1|
|FG||11:28||Phil Dawson 37 Yd||0||3|
|FG||00:03||Ryan Longwell 21 Yd||3||3|
|TD||11:09||Adrian Peterson 1 Yd Run (Ryan Longwell Kick)||10||3|
|FG||05:57||Phil Dawson 20 Yd||10||6|
|TD||01:30||Joshua Cribbs 67 Yd Punt Return (Phil Dawson Kick)||10||13|
|TD||10:07||Adrian Peterson 1 Yd Run (Ryan Longwell Kick)||17||13|
|TD||01:06||Percy Harvin 6 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick)||24||13|
|FG||06:55||Ryan Longwell 37 Yd||27||13|
|TD||05:58||Adrian Peterson 64 Yd Run (Ryan Longwell Kick)||34||13|
|TD||00:28||Robert Royal 26 Yd Pass From Brady Quinn (Phil Dawson Kick)||34||20|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation