1:00 PM ET, September 27, 2009
Mall of America Field, Minneapolis, MN
MINNEAPOLIS -- The finish was just about as good as the Vikings could have imagined: Brett Favre zipped a pass to a little-used reserve wide receiver in the back of the end zone in the final seconds for a classic Favre finish.
• Brett Favre's 40th game-winning drive, come-from-behind win of his career culminated with a 32-yard TD pass to Greg Lewis in the back of the end zone with 2 seconds to play as the Vikings improved to 3-0 for the first time since a 6-0 start in 2003.
• Favre finished with 301 passing yards, the 56th 300-yard game of his career and first by a Vikings QB since Daunte Culpepper in 2005.
• Vikings rookie Percy Harvin had a 101-yard kickoff return, the third straight game he has scored a touchdown.
• The 49ers played most of the game without Frank Gore, who left the game with a right ankle injury after just one carry.
• The 49ers' Vernon Davis had a career-high 96 receiving yards and caught two touchdown passes for the first time in his career.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Brett Favre's 32 yard touchdown pass completed the 40th game-winning drive of his career in the fourth quarter or overtime.
Favre's last 300-yard game was on Nov. 22, 2007, a 381-yard performance at Detroit. ... Minnesota's Darius Reynaud was hurt, apparently his left hamstring, while returning a punt in the third quarter. ... Glen Coffee filled in for Gore and had 54 yards on 24 carries. ... The Vikings gave up another special teams TD: Clements picked up a blocked field goal right before the half and returned it 59 yards. Harvin answered in the third quarter with a 101-yard kickoff return for a score.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN - SEPTEMBER 27: Quarterback Brett Favre #4 of the Minnesota Vikings prepares to take the field...(Photo by Genevieve Ross/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.7||5.0|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-3||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||1|
|TD||08:38||Sidney Rice 30 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick)||0||7|
|FG||13:09||Ryan Longwell 40 Yd||0||10|
|TD||09:26||Vernon Davis 5 Yd Pass From Shaun Hill (Joe Nedney Kick)||7||10|
|FG||03:26||Ryan Longwell 52 Yd||7||13|
|TD||00:00||Nate Clements 59 Yd Return Of Blocked Field Goal (Joe Nedney Kick)||14||13|
|FG||04:47||Joe Nedney 37 Yd||17||13|
|TD||04:34||Percy Harvin 101 Yd Kickoff Return (Ryan Longwell Kick)||17||20|
|TD||08:12||Vernon Davis 20 Yd Pass From Shaun Hill (Joe Nedney Kick)||24||20|
|TD||00:02||Greg Lewis 32 Yd Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick)||24||27|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation