8:30 PM ET, September 28, 2009
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
After disappointing showings in their first two games, the Cowboys' defense had three sacks and two interceptions and forced a fumble.
|First 2 Games||Monday|
* -- Last or tied for last in NFL
• The Cowboys won for the first time in their new stadium as the Dallas defense, which entered the night without a sack or a takeaway, forced three turnovers and recorded three sacks.
• Felix Jones, making his first career start for Marion Barber, rushed for a game-high 94 yards on eight carries. His yards per rush average of 11.8 is the second-highest by a Cowboys player with at least eight carries.
• Jake Delhomme threw two interceptions, giving him seven for the season. He is the first Panther to throw seven interceptions in the team's first three games.
• Carolina fell to 0-3 for the first time since 1998. They are the second team this season to start 0-3 after winning 12 or more games the previous season.
• The Cowboys have won eight straight regular-season games against the Panthers.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Carolina's Dante Rosario came in with three catches for 31 yards, but had three catches for 58 yards on the scoring drive, including a 25-yard touchdown catch. ... Dallas has won eight straight regular-season games against the Panthers since 1998, although Carolina won a playoff meeting in 2003. ... Carolina's DeAngelo Williams had 63 yards on 11 carries, but Jonathan Stewart ran three times for minus-1 yard.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.2||6.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-1||1-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||1|
|TD||1:10||Dante Rosario 25 Yard Pass From Jake Delhomme (John Kasay Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 90 yds, 1:45
|FG||10:51||Nick Folk 24 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 48 yds, 3:32
|TD||5:06||Tashard Choice 5 Yard Run (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 58 yds, 2:43
|FG||12:06||Nick Folk 19 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 73 yds, 6:18
|TD||5:15||Terence Newman 27 Yard Interception Return (Tashard Choice Run For Two-Point Conversion is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 12 yds, 0:50