1:00 PM ET, October 4, 2009
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
CLEVELAND -- Marvin Lewis wanted to play it safe. The Cincinnati Bengals wanted more."We came here to play for a win," Carson Palmer said. "Nothing else."
• Shayne Graham made a 31-yard field goal in the closing seconds of overtime to give the Bengals their third win of the season.
• Carson Palmer ran for a 15-yard first down on fourth-and-11 with a little more than a minute to go. It tied the longest run of his career.
• Chad Ochocinco had three catches, but two were for touchdowns -- his 12th career game with more than one TD catch and third against the Browns.
• For Cleveland, Steve Heiden caught a 1-yard TD pass from Derek Anderson with 1:33 left in the second quarter. It was the Browns' first offensive TD since their final possession of Week 1.
• The Browns dropped to 0-4 for the first time since 1999, when they finished 2-14. The Bengals were last 3-1 in 2006, when they finished 8-8. The Bengals have now won 8 of their last 10 meetings with the Browns.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Coming Out Party
Rookie WR Mohamed Massaquoi had a career day, catching eight passes after catching just two in his first three games. Veteran Braylon Edwards, on the other hand, failed to catch a pass for the first time this season.
|Massaquoi||Rest of Browns|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
Browns WR Mike Furrey played both ways, including safety in certain defensive packages. ... Edwards did not have a reception for the first time in 62 career games. ... The Bengals narrowly avoided their second tie in two seasons. They played Philadelphia to a 13-13 draw on Nov. 16. ... Rogers has 13 career blocked field goals and two blocked PATs.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.9||4.8|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-4||2-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||0:40||Chad Ochocinco 5 Yard Pass From Carson Palmer (Shayne Graham Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 62 yds, 6:48
|TD||14:26||Robert Geathers 75 Yard Fumble Return (Shayne Graham Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 9 yds, 1:25
|TD||1:33||Steve Heiden 1 Yard Pass From Derek Anderson (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 38 yds, 1:53
|TD||1:44||Derek Anderson 1 Yard Run (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 77 yds, 5:37
|FG||15:00||Billy Cundiff 26 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 9 yds, 1:31
|FG||6:38||Billy Cundiff 31 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 1 yds, 1:57
|TD||2:02||Chad Ochocinco 2 Yard Pass From Carson Palmer (Shayne Graham Kick is No Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 70 yds, 4:39
|FG||0:07||Shayne Graham 31 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 67 yds, 3:16