4:05 PM ET, October 11, 2009
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA
Falcons flatten 49ers with six touchdowns to end Niners' home win streak
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco 49ers' leader knows he lost his cool.Mike Singletary became so frustrated with his team's poor play he couldn't help himself but to verbally respond to former 49er Harvey Dahl when the offensive lineman engaged the coach near the San Francisco sideline with Atlanta driving downfield again.
• Roddy White shattered the franchise record with 210 receiving yards as the Falcons blew out the 49ers.
• Matt Ryan completed 22-of-32 passes for 329 yards and two touchdowns, both to White. Ryan also rushed for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
• Michael Turner ran for 97 yards and three scores as the Falcons scored their most points since Week 12 of last season.
• Shaun Hill completed less than half his passes and threw a pick as the 49ers fell to 3-2 on the season.
• The 49ers' defense allowed five plays of 20 yards or more after having allowed 11 all season.
• The Falcons improved to 3-1 for the first time since 2006.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Falcons Fake To Win
Matt Ryan and the Falcons took advantage of the play-action fake to storm past the 49ers.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
49ers RT Adam Snyder bruised his left thigh, DT Ray McDonald sprained his left ankle, CB Tarrell Brown strained his right groin and Coffee bruised his left leg. ... Atlanta has won the last three meetings, including following its bye week in 2007.
SAN FRANCISCO - OCTOBER 11: Roddy White #84 of the Atlanta Falcons is congratulated by Matt Ryan #2 after White...(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.6||4.8|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||4-5||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||11:08||Michael Turner 7 Yd Run (Jason Elam Kick)||7||0|
|TD||06:32||Roddy White 31 Yd Pass From Matt Ryan (Jason Elam Kick)||14||0|
|TD||04:09||Glen Coffee 2 Yd Run (Joe Nedney Kick)||14||7|
|FG||11:07||Joe Nedney 39 Yd||14||10|
|TD||06:59||Roddy White 90 Yd Pass From Matt Ryan (Jason Elam Kick)||21||10|
|TD||05:40||Michael Turner 3 Yd Run (Jason Elam Kick)||28||10|
|TD||01:14||Michael Turner 1 Yd Run (Jason Elam Kick)||35||10|
|FG||05:50||Jason Elam 40 Yd||38||10|
|TD||08:20||Matt Ryan 1 Yd Run (Jason Elam Kick)||45||10|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation