1:00 PM ET, October 18, 2009
Mall of America Field, Minneapolis, MN
• Steven Hauschka's 44-yard field goal went wide left as time expired, giving the Vikings their first 6-0 start since 2003.
• Brett Favre's six straight wins are the most by a QB to start a season in his first year with a team since 1985.
• Favre led a game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or OT for the 41st time, the most among active quarterbacks.
• Adrian Peterson rushed for 143 yards, his first 100-yard game since Week 1.
• Sidney Rice caught six passes for 176 yards, more than double his career high entering the game.
• Joe Flacco threw for 385 yards, the second-highest total in Ravens history.
• Ray Rice became the first player with more than 100 receiving yards and more than 70 rushing yards since Pierre Thomas in 2007.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Plunder Up The Middle
Adrian Peterson helped the Vikings slip by Baltimore with strong running up the gut of the Ravens' defense. Peterson, who entered the game averaging just 30 yards up the middle per game, put up 133 yards against a tough Baltimore defense.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
There were no turnovers in the game. ... Flacco threw for 196 yards and two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. ... Childress said Winfield asked to return to the game, but the Vikings played it safe by holding him out. Backup CB Karl Paymah struggled at times in his place. ... Vikings KR Percy Harvin aggravated a left shoulder injury in the fourth quarter. Childress said X-rays showed no more extensive damage than was already there.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||7.0||6.8|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||3-6|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||11:31||Visanthe Shiancoe 19 Yard Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 61 yds, 3:35
|TD||6:20||Bernard Berrian 4 Yard Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 55 yds, 3:21
|FG||0:06||Steven Hauschka 29 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 71 yds, 1:47
|FG||7:20||Ryan Longwell 40 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 38 yds, 5:35
|TD||4:20||Ray Rice 22 Yard Run (Steven Hauschka Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 72 yds, 3:03
|FG||2:05||Ryan Longwell 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 67 yds, 2:08
|TD||10:12||Visanthe Shiancoe 1 Yard Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 80 yds, 5:42
|TD||8:42||Mark Clayton 32 Yard Pass From Joe Flacco (Steven Hauschka Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 75 yds, 1:33
|FG||6:05||Ryan Longwell 29 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 61 yds, 2:34
|TD||5:12||Derrick Mason 12 Yard Pass From Joe Flacco (Steven Hauschka Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 73 yds, 0:49
|TD||3:44||Ray Rice 33 Yard Run (Steven Hauschka Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 33 yds, 0:00
|FG||2:00||Ryan Longwell 31 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 66 yds, 1:41