1:00 PM ET, November 1, 2009
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
Bears break through against Browns, who pull Anderson for Quinn in fourth
No Passing Zone
The Browns' passing struggles continued. They were only able to complete two of nine passes in the first half against the Bears. They opened it up (if one can call it that) with five completions in the second half.
|1st half||2nd half|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• Matt Forte had 90 yards and two touchdowns on the ground (he had one rushing TD in six games entering Sunday) to help the Bears improve to 3-0 at home this season. Chicago has won six straight at home dating to last season.
• Jay Cutler had 225 passing yards but was held without a touchdown for the first time this season.
• The Bears' defense allowed its lowest point and yardage total of the season.
• Derek Anderson went 6 for 17 for 76 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions for the Browns, who were held to 14 or fewer points and fewer than 200 yards for the fourth straight game. Anderson was replaced by Brady Quinn on the Browns' final drive.
• Cleveland has lost three straight and 13 of its last 14 games overall.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Browns RB Jamal Lewis said he plans to retire at the end of the year. ... Browns return specialist Josh Cribbs ran back six kickoffs for 137 yards. ... K Phil Dawson was active after missing five weeks with a strained left calf. He missed an extra point. ... Besides the change at left guard and Harris' return, the Bears juggled their defensive lineup. The Bears also went with Marcus Harrison over Anthony Adams at nose tackle, and had Hunter Hillenmeyer at middle linebacker, with Nick Roach moving to the strong side.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||3.8||5.2|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-1||2-7|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||1|
|FG||2:25||Robbie Gould 37 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 49 yds, 5:07
|FG||1:18||Robbie Gould 29 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 2 yds, 0:49
|FG||8:48||Robbie Gould 32 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 32 yds, 5:01
|TD||2:00||Matt Forte 1 Yard Run (Robbie Gould Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 71 yds, 5:00
|TD||10:35||Derek Anderson 1 Yard Run (Phil Dawson Kick is No Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 30 yds, 2:22
|TD||1:49||Matt Forte 10 Yard Run (Robbie Gould Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 49 yds, 1:17
|TD||3:25||Charles Tillman 21 Yard Interception Return (Robbie Gould Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 0 yds, 1:36