1:00 PM ET, November 1, 2009
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
Romo plays third straight interception-free game as Cowboys move to 5-2
ARLINGTON, Texas -- All offseason, Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys thought about their horrendous finale in Philadelphia. Now they're headed back, playing so well that they've turned this return trip into a showdown to decide first place in the NFC East.
Austin is Capital of Texas
Miles Austin has had a stellar three weeks since entering the Cowboys' starting lineup. He had five catches for 61 yards and a TD against the Seahawks. He now has 482 receiving yards in his first three starts, the most receiving yards of any player in his first three starts since the NFL-AFL merger.
|2009||Miles Austin, DAL||482|
|2003||Anquan Boldin, ARI||378|
|1999||Marcus Robinson, CHI||377|
|1978||Dave Stief, STL||361|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• Tony Romo threw for 256 yards and three TDs (his 16th career game with three-plus passing TDs) to lead the Cowboys to their third straight win. Romo has eight TDs and zero INTs in his last three games, the first time in his career as a starter he has gone three straight games without a pick.
• After recording 421 receiving yards in his last two games, Miles Austin was held to just 61 (still a team-high) against the Seahawks, though he did record a TD for the third straight game.
• Patrick Crayton returned a punt 82 yards for a touchdown, his second straight week with a punt return score after having none in his career to that point.
• Matt Hasselbeck had 249 yards and two TDs through the air to lead the Seahawks, who have lost five of their last six.
• Seattle is 2-5 through seven games for the second straight season. It finished 4-12 last year.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Hurd's TD was his first from scrimmage since the 2007 opener. ... Seattle CB Ken Lucas (shoulder) didn't return after a third-quarter collision with Dallas' Felix Jones. ... Romo won his 12th straight November start.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.8||5.4|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-1||3-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||1|
|FG||7:03||Olindo Mare 43 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 69 yds, 5:58
|TD||3:23||Sam Hurd 36 Yard Pass From Tony Romo (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 78 yds, 3:46
|TD||13:30||Marion Barber 2 Yard Run (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 30 yds, 3:26
|TD||10:31||Deion Branch 23 Yard Pass From Matt Hasselbeck (Olindo Mare Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 80 yds, 3:01
|TD||0:40||Roy Williams 7 Yard Pass From Tony Romo (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 65 yds, 3:21
|TD||2:44||Miles Austin 3 Yard Pass From Tony Romo (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 62 yds, 5:13
|TD||1:30||Patrick Crayton 82 Yard Punt Return (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 82 yds, 0:00
|FG||11:03||Nick Folk 40 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 41 yds, 3:51
|TD||8:46||Justin Griffith 4 Yard Pass From Matt Hasselbeck (Olindo Mare Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 8 yds, 0:34