4:05 PM ET, November 1, 2009
LP Field, Nashville, TN
Johnson's 228 yards, 2 TDs backs Young return to QB gig as Titans win first
Young At Heart
The Titans won their first game with the help of new starter Vince Young, who did not commit any serious mistakes in the victory over the Jaguars. Young's stats Sunday were much better than Kerry Collins' stats in the first six games.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• Vince Young's completion percentage of 83.3 was a career high (minimum two completions) and the fifth highest in franchise history (minimum 15 completions).
• Chris Johnson rushed for a franchise-record 228 yards.
• Maurice Jones-Drew rushed for 177 yards on eight carries. His average of 22.1 yards per rush was the best in the NFL in the last 50 seasons (minimum eight rushes).
• The Titans-Jaguars game was the first game in NFL history with four rushing TDs of 50 or more yards.
• Jones-Drew was the third player in NFL history with two rushing TDs of 75 or more yards in one game.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Titans now are 13-8 after a bye. ... The Jaguars missed at their chance to be 3-1 in the AFC South for the first time under Del Rio. ... The Jaguars now are 18-5 when rushing for at least 150 yards since 2006. ... Jones-Drew came in needing 5 yards to reach 3,000 yards rushing for his career. ... Young needed 21 yards rushing to reach 1,000 for his career. He now is 19-11 as a starter with wins in six of his last seven starts.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.7||6.4|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-1||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||7:46||Rob Bironas 48 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 50 yds, 7:14
|TD||9:24||Nate Washington 6 Yard Pass From Vince Young (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 54 yds, 4:31
|FG||5:53||Rob Bironas 25 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 27 yds, 2:21
|TD||5:50||Maurice Jones-Drew 80 Yard Run (Josh Scobee Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 80 yds, 0:17
|TD||14:53||Maurice Jones-Drew 79 Yard Run (Josh Scobee Kick is No Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 79 yds, 0:23
|TD||11:10||Chris Johnson 52 Yard Run (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 74 yds, 3:37
|FG||5:05||Rob Bironas 45 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 40 yds, 3:45
|TD||15:00||Chris Johnson 89 Yard Run (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 95 yds, 1:13