4:15 PM ET, November 8, 2009
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Pasquarelli: Passing In Night
Like conjoined twins surgically split apart, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers were separated Sunday evening in Giants Stadium, writes Len Pasquarelli. Story
After starting the season with five straight wins, the Giants have struggled to recapture their success.
|First 3 games||Last 4 games|
|Yards PG allowed||134.3||349.5|
• Philip Rivers found Vincent Jackson for an 18-yard touchdown pass with 21 seconds remaining to give the Chargers their third straight win.
• Jackson has had a touchdown reception in four straight games.
• The Chargers totaled just 34 rushing yards, their fourth lowest in a win since the merger.
• The Giants have lost four straight after starting the season 5-0. It's their first four-game losing streak since the 2006 season.
• The Giants held the ball for a season-high 37:47 but scored a touchdown on just two-of-four red zone possessions, while the Chargers scored a touchdown on all three of their trips to the red zone.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Giants weakside LB Michael Boley and DT Chris Canty returned to the lineup. Boley missed a month after knee surgery. Canty was out since the opening week with a calf injury. ... Chargers starting ILB Kevin Burnett was inactive with an ankle injury. ... The Giants decided to honor the Yankees for their recent 27th world championship and introduced manager Joe Girardi during a break in the game. He was identified on the scoreboard as the team's general manager. Does Brian Cashman know?
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.3||4.5|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-3||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||15:00||Vincent Jackson 10 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 45 yds, 3:04
|TD||4:28||Steve Smith 6 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 16 plays, 76 yds, 10:35
|TD||4:00||Kris Wilson 2 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 51 yds, 3:03
|FG||14:14||Lawrence Tynes 38 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 60 yds, 4:42
|TD||9:09||Kevin Boss 8 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 39 yds, 3:25
|FG||2:11||Lawrence Tynes 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 0 yds, 1:07
|TD||0:29||Vincent Jackson 18 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 80 yds, 1:46