1:00 PM ET, November 15, 2009
LP Field, Nashville, TN
Johnson torches Bills for 232 total, 2 TDs to help Titans to 3rd straight win
Chris Johnson racked up one of the best individual games from scrimmage against the Bills in history on Sunday.
• Chris Johnson became the 10th player since 1960 to have 130 rushing yards and 100 receiving yards in a game (the first since Steven Jackson in 2006).
• Johnson scored two TDs for the third straight game and recorded 120-plus yards on the ground for the fourth straight.
• The Titans outscored the Bills 24-0 in the fourth quarter, including two interception returns for touchdowns.
• Sunday was Johnson's third game this season with 230-plus yards from scrimmage, making him the only player since the merger (1970) with three such games in one season.
• Terrell Owens had a season-high 85 receiving yards for the Bills, who have lost two straight.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Johnson became only the second player in franchise history to have 100 yards rushing and receiving in the same game. He joined Billy Cannon who did it Dec. 10, 1961, against the New York Titans. Cannon had 216 yards rushing and 114 receiving. ... The 24 fourth-quarter points tied a franchise record for most points in the quarter. The last time the Titans did it was Nov. 26, 2006, against the Giants. ... Buffalo LT Demetrius Bell hurt a knee in the first half. ... Byrd tied a Bills record with his eighth interception of the season. He also set a team record with his fifth straight game with a pick. ... Goodell tweeted that he was at the game, so season ticket holder Lisa Hayes tweeted to him to join her. He did down in section 102.
NASHVILLE, TN - NOVEMBER 15: Chris Johnson #28 of the Tennessee Titans fights to break free from Marshawn Lynch...(Photo by John Sommers II/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.1||6.3|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||2-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||2|
|TD||09:10||Lee Evans 27 Yd Pass From Fred Jackson (Rian Lindell Kick)||7||0|
|TD||04:07||Chris Johnson 28 Yd Run (Rob Bironas Kick)||7||7|
|TD||00:46||Nate Washington 14 Yd Pass From Vince Young (Rob Bironas Kick)||7||14|
|FG||09:59||Rob Bironas 38 Yd||7||17|
|TD||07:01||Lee Evans 8 Yd Pass From Trent Edwards (Rian Lindell Kick)||14||17|
|FG||08:17||Rian Lindell 25 Yd||17||17|
|TD||10:44||Chris Johnson 1 Yd Run (Rob Bironas Kick)||17||24|
|FG||03:21||Rob Bironas 51 Yd||17||27|
|TD||02:54||Vincent Fuller 26 Yd Interception Return (Rob Bironas Kick)||17||34|
|TD||00:53||Roderick Hood 31 Yd Interception Return (Rob Bironas Kick)||17||41|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker