4:05 PM ET, November 15, 2009
O.co Coliseum, Oakland, CA
Charles scores on 44-yard run as Chiefs win seventh straight in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Since the middle of the 2007 season, no team in the NFL has been worse than the Kansas City Chiefs. All the losing and mistakes somehow disappear when the Chiefs arrive in Oakland.
• The Chiefs won their seventh straight in Oakland despite going 1 for 15 on third downs.
• Jamal Charles scored on a 44-yard run in the second quarter. It was the Chiefs first rushing touchdown of the season, making them the last team in the NFL to rush for a score.
• The Raiders scored all 10 of their points in the first quarter. The Chiefs have been outscored 62-9 in the first quarter this season.
• JaMarcus Russell was benched in favor of Bruce Gradkowski, who threw two interceptions in seven attempts.
• The Raiders have not scored more than one touchdown in eight straight games, posting only 68 points in the stretch.
• Shane Lechler punted 11 times for 531 yards.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
One play in the third quarter provided some comic relief. Dwayne Bowe fumbled after a 12-yard catch for Kansas City. At least six players had a shot to fall on the ball, but it kept squirting down field until offensive lineman Brian Waters fell on at the Oakland 22, giving the Chiefs an extra 23 yards on the play. Kansas City was unable to capitalize on the good fortune as Matt Cassel threw an incomplete pass on fourth-and-1. ... Janikowski missed a 45-yard FG in the third quarter, ending a streak of 20 straight makes.
OAKLAND, CA - NOVEMBER 15: Jamaal Charles #25 of the Kansas City Chiefs breaks through on his way to scoring a...(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.7||4.3|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-3||1-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||12:42||Justin Fargas 1 Yd Run (Sebastian Janikowski Kick)||0||7|
|FG||04:49||Ryan Succop 50 Yd||3||7|
|FG||02:10||Sebastian Janikowski 50 Yd||3||10|
|TD||12:25||Jamaal Charles 44 Yd Run (Ryan Succop Kick)||10||10|
|FG||06:48||Ryan Succop 25 Yd||13||10|
|FG||06:17||Ryan Succop 31 Yd||16||10|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation