8:30 PM ET, November 30, 2009
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA
Brees throws for 371 yards, five TDs as Saints rout Patriots to stay perfect
More from ESPN.com
A franchise that's never been to a Super Bowl and a quarterback who has been accused of not winning big games went out and destroyed the closest thing we've seen to an NFL dynasty in recent times, writes Pat Yasinskas. Blog
Battle Of Perfection
New Orleans' and Indianapolis' perfect starts to the season marked the first time in NFL history that more than one team started 11-0.
|Opp. win pct.*||.491||.400|
* - Remaining opponents
• The Saints became the 14th team in league history to start 11-0 as Drew Brees threw for 371 yards and five TDs, the most TD passes ever against a team coached by Bill Belichick.
• Devery Henderson had his seventh career 100-yard receiving game. His 75-yard TD reception was his third TD reception of more than 75 yards, a franchise record.
• Tom Brady finished 21 of 36 for 237 yards with two interceptions. It was his fourth career game with no touchdowns and multiple interceptions.
• Brady's 237 passing yards gave him 29,732 for his career, passing Drew Bledsoe for the most in Patriots' history.
• The Patriots fell to 1-4 in road games this year, with their only win coming against the Bucs in London. New England's streak of 17 wins in interconference regular-season games, the longest in NFL history, came to an end.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Saints have 22 interceptions this season, which leads the NFL. Sharper has eight. ... Saints CB Chris McAlister, signed two weeks ago, played for the first time since having surgery on his right knee a year ago. ... The Saints said cornerback Randall Gay had a leg injury but were not more specific. ... New England lost a regular-season game in New Orleans for the first time after winning its previous four.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.2||9.6|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-4||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||11:18||John Carney 30 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 53 yds, 3:46
|TD||3:39||Laurence Maroney 4 Yard Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 14 plays, 80 yds, 7:40
|TD||13:04||Pierre Thomas 18 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (John Carney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 59 yds, 3:07
|TD||10:02||Devery Henderson 75 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (John Carney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 75 yds, 0:00
|FG||4:17||Stephen Gostkowski 36 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 11 plays, 58 yds, 5:39
|TD||1:57||Robert Meachem 38 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (John Carney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 76 yds, 2:24
|TD||10:28||Laurence Maroney 2 Yard Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 81 yds, 4:16
|TD||9:06||Darnell Dinkins 2 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (John Carney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 74 yds, 1:22
|TD||7:55||Marques Colston 20 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (John Carney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 75 yds, 5:18