8:20 PM ET, December 13, 2009
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Jackson ties NFL record for long TDs as Eagles get shootout win over Giants
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Dynamic DeSean Jackson danced his way into the record books, and had time for a chest bump with his coach, too.Jackson scored on a 72-yard punt return and a 60-yard pass from Donovan McNabb, sparking the Philadelphia Eagles to their most points this season in a 45-38 shootout victory over the New York Giants on Sunday night.
Mosley: Runaway Hit
In an NFC East shootout, the Giants had 512 yards, but the Eagles had DeSean Jackson. Advantage Philadelphia, Matt Mosley writes. Blog
Flying High And Deep
The Eagles took advantage of the Giants' secondary by going deep often, and with success.
|1-14 Yards||15+ Yards*|
* - Michael Vick was 1 for 1 with 32 yards
• The 83 total points are the most in the Eagles-Giants rivalry, breaking the previous record of 81 from Nov. 22, 1992.
• The two teams combined for 886 total yards, which is fifth most in the NFL this season.
• DeSean Jackson had 178 yards receiving and a touchdown and a 72-yard punt return for a score. Jackson has scored eight TDs of 50 yards or more this season, which tied the NFL record.
• Donovan McNabb threw for 275 yards, two TDs and an interception. He improved to 10-8 against the Giants in the regular season with 25 TDs and six interceptions.
• The Eagles are 5-1 against the NFC East this season and 15-5 against the NFC East in December since 2000. The Giants have lost four straight against the Eagles.
• Steve Smith had seven receptions to give him 85 on the season and break the team record for most receptions in a single season, a mark previously held by Amani Toomer (82 rec. in 2002).
• Michael Vick scored consecutive rushing touchdowns for the first time since November 2002.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Akers has missed two extra points this season, both against New York. ... The 512 yards New York gained were 91 more than the previous high the Eagles allowed, to the Saints. ... Philadelphia recovered Hixon's fumbled kickoff return, but time ran out to end the first half.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||7.1||7.1|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-5||3-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||2||0|
|TD||11:39||Brent Celek 8 Yard Pass From Donovan Mcnabb (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 67 yds, 3:32
|TD||9:57||Sheldon Brown 60 Yard Fumble Return (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 23 yds, 1:48
|FG||2:31||Lawrence Tynes 26 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 15 plays, 77 yds, 7:13
|TD||13:22||Hakeem Nicks 68 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 83 yds, 3:12
|FG||6:45||David Akers 20 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 75 yds, 6:25
|TD||4:27||Desean Jackson 72 Yard Punt Return (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 72 yds, 0:00
|TD||1:35||Ahmad Bradshaw 3 Yard Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 67 yds, 2:39
|TD||0:16||Michael Vick 1 Yard Run (David Akers Kick is No Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 70 yds, 1:20
|TD||9:26||Brandon Jacobs 1 Yard Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 74 yds, 5:42
|TD||5:26||Domenik Hixon 61 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 59 yds, 1:19
|TD||5:06||Desean Jackson 60 Yard Pass From Donovan Mcnabb (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 60 yds, 0:15
|TD||5:54||Leonard Weaver 1 Yard Run (Donovan Mcnabb Pass to Jason Avant For Two-Point Conversion is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 91 yds, 7:24
|TD||1:35||Kevin Boss 4 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 75 yds, 4:17