1:00 PM ET, January 3, 2010
Sun Life Stadium, Miami, FL
MIAMI -- On the brink of elimination from the playoff race, the Pittsburgh Steelers averted a fourth-quarter collapse to extend their season.It ended three hours later.
• Pittsburgh finished the regular season on a three-game win streak after losing its previous five games.
• Ben Roethlisberger went 18 for 27 for 220 yards and three TDs, and the Steelers held off a late Dolphins' rally to stay alive for a playoff spot.
• Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall both had more than 90 rushing yards for the Steelers, who had a season-high 202 yards on the ground.
• After Chad Henne and Pat White both left the game with injuries, Tyler Thigpen rallied Miami with two TDs to cut the deficit to 27-24, but then threw interceptions on the Dolphins' final two drives.
• Miami finished the season with three straight losses and its 7-9 record is their third losing season in the last four years.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Miami CB Vontae Davis left the game in the first half with a left wrist injury. ... Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (knee) was again inactive. ... LB Jason Taylor became the fourth Dolphins player to start a game in three decades. ... Miami FB Lousaka Polite was successful in his only third-down carry to finish 16 for 16 on third- and fourth-down conversions.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.0||5.2|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-6||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||8:07||Santonio Holmes 5 Yard Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 80 yds, 6:58
|TD||3:25||Lex Hilliard 11 Yard Pass From Chad Henne (Dan Carpenter Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 66 yds, 4:44
|TD||0:35||Mike Wallace 54 Yard Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 67 yds, 2:53
|FG||9:24||Dan Carpenter 25 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 61 yds, 6:04
|FG||5:36||Jeff Reed 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 52 yds, 3:49
|TD||3:51||Heath Miller 3 Yard Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 90 yds, 4:18
|FG||14:01||Jeff Reed 21 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 51 yds, 2:37
|TD||11:32||Brian Hartline 16 Yard Run (Dan Carpenter Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 61 yds, 2:33
|TD||8:46||Davone Bess 34 Yard Pass From Tyler Thigpen (Dan Carpenter Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 62 yds, 1:15
|FG||0:45||Jeff Reed 33 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 83 yds, 5:30