1:00 PM ET, September 19, 2010
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
CLEVELAND -- Moments before the game's climactic play, Kansas City quarterback Matt Cassel looked around the huddle and saw only confidence in the eyes of his excited teammates.These Chiefs believe.Two wins in one week has changed them.
• The Chiefs started 2-0 for the first time since 2005.
• The Chiefs have scored as many TDs on returns (two) as they have on offense (two) this season.
• Seneca Wallace threw a 65-yard TD pass, the longest by a Browns QB in three years.
• The Browns saw their three-game home win streak come to an end.
• Last year, Browns RB Jerome Harrison rushed for 286 yards against the Chiefs. Harrison was held to 33 yards on 16 carries in this game.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
One week after setting a franchise record with 160 yards on punt returns, the Chiefs were held to 6 on 4 returns. ... The Browns dropped to 1-11 in home openers since 1999. ... Browns TE Evan Moore sustained a head injury in the second half and did not return. ... The Chiefs got their first September road win since 2007. ... Browns DB Sheldon Brown made his 20th career interception, and first with Cleveland.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.6||5.2|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-3||1-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|FG||8:47||Ryan Succop 35 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 6 yds, 0:36
|TD||12:39||Peyton Hillis 1 Yard Run (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 98 yds, 5:06
|TD||10:11||Brandon Flowers 33 Yard Interception Return (Ryan Succop Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 35 yds, 0:34
|TD||8:53||Joshua Cribbs 65 Yard Pass From Seneca Wallace (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 74 yds, 1:19
|FG||8:48||Ryan Succop 26 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 11 plays, 63 yds, 6:15
|FG||7:44||Ryan Succop 23 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 68 yds, 6:31