7:00 PM ET, January 30, 2011
Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, HI
HONOLULU -- A tropical rainstorm moved in from the Pacific and cleared just before the Pro Bowl began on Sunday. What followed was a sloppy show that was not exactly riveting entertainment a week in advance of the Super Bowl.The NFC's 55-41 victory, a game not nearly as interesting as that score would indicate, did nothing to repair the tattered image of the NFL's all-star contest.
The NFC and AFC combined to score 96 points, good for the second-highest point total in Pro Bowl history.
• The NFC scored the game's first 42 points, winning for the third time in the last four years.
• The 55 points scored by the NFC equals the most scored by one team in a Pro Bowl (2004 NFC), and the 96 points scored is the second-highest combined total in a Pro Bowl.
• Tony Gonzalez had a four-yard TD reception, his record-setting sixth career Pro Bowl TD.
• Adrian Peterson had a 14-yard touchdown run. That was his fourth career Pro Bowl rushing TD, which is also a record.
• The 13 touchdowns were scored by 12 different players, Jacksonville FB Montell Owens was the only player with two TDs in the game.
• DeAngelo Hall was named the MVP (INT, FF, TD), to become the first Redskin named Pro Bowl MVP since Joe Theismann in 1984.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
A 70-yard punt by Mat McBriar of Dallas in the first quarter tied for second-longest in Pro Bowl history. ... The state of Hawaii is paying the NFL about $4 million this season and next to keep the Pro Bowl team in Honolulu. Location for the contest is up in the air after 2012. ... Peterson had been tied with three career rushing TDs with Earl Campbell, Chuck Muncie and Mike Alstott. ... Tony Gonzalez added to his Pro Bowl record for career receptions (42) and moved into first in TD catches with his sixth. ... The attendance of 49,338 was just shy of a sellout.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.4||6.4|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-3||4-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||2|
|TD||03:14||Ovie Mughelli 1 Yd Run (David Akers Kick)||0||7|
|TD||01:00||Adrian Peterson 14 Yd Run (David Akers Kick)||0||14|
|TD||10:41||Tony Gonzalez 4 Yd Pass From Matt Ryan (David Akers Kick)||0||21|
|TD||10:21||DeAngelo Hall 34 Yd Fumble Return (David Akers Kick)||0||28|
|TD||07:16||Larry Fitzgerald 25 Yd Pass From Matt Ryan (David Akers Kick)||0||35|
|TD||04:32||Steven Jackson 21 Yd Run (David Akers Kick)||0||42|
|TD||01:54||Jamaal Charles 8 Yd Run (Billy Cundiff Kick)||7||42|
|TD||10:05||Reggie Wayne 16 Yd Pass From Philip Rivers (Billy Cundiff Kick)||14||42|
|TD||10:00||Montell Owens 8 Yd Fumble Return (Billy Cundiff Kick)||21||42|
|FG||06:01||David Akers 41 Yd||21||45|
|TD||00:50||Marcedes Lewis 28 Yd Pass From Philip Rivers (Billy Cundiff Kick)||28||45|
|FG||04:06||David Akers 38 Yd||28||48|
|TD||03:33||Jon Beason 49 Yd Interception Return (David Akers Kick)||28||55|
|TD||01:55||Montell Owens 7 Yd Pass From Matt Cassel (Billy Cundiff Kick)||35||55|
|TD||00:16||Alex Mack 67 Yd Pass From Matt Cassel (Two-Point Conversion Failed)||41||55|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation