7:00 PM ET, January 30, 2011
Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, HI
HONOLULU -- A tropical rainstorm moved in from the Pacific and cleared just before the Pro Bowl began on Sunday. What followed was a sloppy show that was not exactly riveting entertainment a week in advance of the Super Bowl.The NFC's 55-41 victory, a game not nearly as interesting as that score would indicate, did nothing to repair the tattered image of the NFL's all-star contest.
The NFC and AFC combined to score 96 points, good for the second-highest point total in Pro Bowl history.
• The NFC scored the game's first 42 points, winning for the third time in the last four years.
• The 55 points scored by the NFC equals the most scored by one team in a Pro Bowl (2004 NFC), and the 96 points scored is the second-highest combined total in a Pro Bowl.
• Tony Gonzalez had a four-yard TD reception, his record-setting sixth career Pro Bowl TD.
• Adrian Peterson had a 14-yard touchdown run. That was his fourth career Pro Bowl rushing TD, which is also a record.
• The 13 touchdowns were scored by 12 different players, Jacksonville FB Montell Owens was the only player with two TDs in the game.
• DeAngelo Hall was named the MVP (INT, FF, TD), to become the first Redskin named Pro Bowl MVP since Joe Theismann in 1984.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
A 70-yard punt by Mat McBriar of Dallas in the first quarter tied for second-longest in Pro Bowl history. ... The state of Hawaii is paying the NFL about $4 million this season and next to keep the Pro Bowl team in Honolulu. Location for the contest is up in the air after 2012. ... Peterson had been tied with three career rushing TDs with Earl Campbell, Chuck Muncie and Mike Alstott. ... Tony Gonzalez added to his Pro Bowl record for career receptions (42) and moved into first in TD catches with his sixth. ... The attendance of 49,338 was just shy of a sellout.
|TD||3:20||Ovie Mughelli 1 Yard Run (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 59 yds, 5:00
|TD||1:06||Adrian Peterson 14 Yard Run (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 43 yds, 1:49
|TD||10:49||Tony Gonzalez 4 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 58 yds, 2:54
|TD||10:35||Deangelo Hall 34 Yard Fumble Return (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 34 yds, 0:00
|TD||7:23||Larry Fitzgerald 25 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 56 yds, 2:04
|TD||4:40||Steven Jackson 21 Yard Run (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 29 yds, 2:13
|TD||2:00||Jamaal Charles 8 Yard Run (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 67 yds, 2:38
|TD||10:12||Reggie Wayne 16 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 69 yds, 4:55
|TD||10:05||Montell Owens 8 Yard Fumble Return (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 69 yds, 4:55
|FG||6:04||David Akers 41 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 49 yds, 3:59
|TD||0:57||Marcedes Lewis 28 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 73 yds, 5:11
|FG||4:10||David Akers 38 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 34 yds, 4:04
|TD||3:45||Jon Beason 49 Yard Interception Return (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 5 yds, 0:33
|TD||2:33||Montell Owens 7 Yard Pass From Matt Cassel (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 56 yds, 1:38
|TD||0:41||Alex Mack 40 Yard Pass From Matt Cassel (Matt Cassel Pass to Marc Mariani For Two-Point Conversion is No Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 67 yds, 0:32