Injured Parker misses practice, could miss preseason opener
LATROBE, Pa. -- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Willie Parker missed practice for the second day in a row Wednesday because of a sore knee and is not expected to play in the Hall of Fame exhibition game Sunday night.
Parker has some swelling in his left knee and the Steelers are going to be cautious with their top running back.
Parker was a Pro Bowl back last season while rushing for 1,494 yards, the third-highest total in team history. His 75-yard touchdown run was pivotal in the Steelers' 21-10 victory over Seattle in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.
The Steelers' Hall of Fame Game against New Orleans in Canton, Ohio, will begin the NFL's preseason schedule.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
NFL TRAINING CAMPS
The countdown is on toward the start of the 2007 season; rosters were trimmed to 75 by Tuesday and reached 53 by Saturday. The regular season starts Sept. 6 when the Saints visit Indianapolis to face the Super Bowl champion Colts. Camp index
Analysis• Clayton: Waiver claims interesting
• Clayton: Big cutdown day on Saturday
• Redskins re-sign Cooley
• Priest Holmes comeback on hold
• Bengals acquire QB Fitzpatrick from Rams
• Seahawks lose DT Tubbs for season
• DT Simon agrees to deal with Titans
• Pats' Samuel signs one-year franchise tender
• Giants, Strahan have constructive talks
• Ogden passes physical, returns to Ravens roster
• Browns place center Bentley on PUP list
• Roundup: Two-time Olympic skier Bloom cut by Eagles
• Roundup: Steelers' Ward has nose surgery